Welcome to The Sierra Silver Mine Tour!
What is our Mission?
The Sierra Silver Mine Tour is dedicated to educating current and future generations as to the culture, history and contemporary practices of hard-rock mining in the Coeur d'Alene Mining District.
WHERE WE ARE
The most popular, exciting, and educational tour in North Idaho.
Fun for adventurers of all ages! You will personally experience the actual methods of hard-rock mining in the richest silver district on earth! A retired miner is your guide you through a real silver mine. On the short trip to and from the mine aboard our classic trolley, you will be treated to a narrated tour of Historic Wallace. 1 hour and 15 minute tours depart from the ticket office every 30 minutes with the first tour departing at 10am and the last at 4pm.
- Adults $15.50
- Seniors (60 and better) $13.50
- Children (4-16 years) $8.50
- (Children under 4 years free)
- Group rates available for 10 or more people with advance purchase.
- School field trips and children's activities groups are always welcome and receive a special rate with advance reservations.
- AAA discount
- Open 7 days a week from May 1st through October 15th: June through August: 10 AM - 4 PM
- May, September and October: 10 AM - 2 PM
- New tour leaves every 1/2 hour - The first tour departing at 10 AM and the last tour departs at 4 PM
- Tour length: 1 hours and 15 minutes
- Bring your camera and a light jacket
- Mine temp. about 50 degrees F (10 C)